Our adventure has begun! At 3:00 this morning, Alan, Kathy, Dennis, and I loaded into the car and hit the road. We got into Chicago around 2 p.m., but the traffic was horrible and so we didn't get all settled and out into the city until quite a bit later in the afternoon.
The hotel where we're staying is right downtown, just north of The Loop. So we put on our walking feet and checked out the main streets, parks, and lake. We'll do a little bit more of that tomorrow before our plane leaves at 6 p.m.
My time in Chicago has been super short, but what I've seen so far seems nice. It doesn't hurt that we came this time of year, where we can appreciate that it's 10 degrees cooler outside. I might not feel as good about the weather when we stop here (without winter coats!) on our way back from Europe in December. But this part of the city is pretty clean and full of activity. I'm excited for my friends who are moving here in a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment